Saturday, February 13, 2010

Blog Topic #2



Many images of the world display North America as the main focus and all the other continents and countries are around it. I often think of North America as being the "center of the world", so to speak, because this is the image I am most used to seeing. This particular view of the earth shows Central America as the main focus. I liked this image because it puts Latin America at the center of attention. I also like how North and South America are tilted. It looks like the earth is a little off balance. Also, the other continents aren't visible and there is mostly just ocean. It looks like the Americas are the only continents that exist.



This image of Latin America is also unique. South America is the center of attention in this view of the world and it is also tilted on its side so that it is virtually the only continent in sight. I don't think I realize sometimes exactly how large South America is. I think that people should take the time to look at the earth from different perspectives. It can change how you view the world and the place you come from.

1 comment: